In this episode, I sit down with five teachers who will be presenting at the 2017 NABT Conference in Saint Louis. My conversation is with Valerie May of Woodstock Academy in Woodstock, CT, Robin Bulleri from Carrboro High School in Carrboro, NC, Jon Darkow of Seneca East High School in Attica, OH, Paul Strode of Fairview High School in Boulder, CO and Ryan Reardon of Jefferson County International Baccalaureate in Irondale, AL. The Full Program for the conference can be downloaded from https://nabt.org/files/galleries/NABT2017ProgramGuide_web.pdf .
- On Thursday at 11:15 AM – 3:45 PM, Valerie will be co-presenting “Introductory Statistics in Biology Classrooms” in Regency B
- On Friday at 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM Robin will be co-presenting ”Constructing and Using Models to Investigate Ecological Relationships Using HHMI BioInteractive Resources” in Regency B
- On Friday, from 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM Jon will be presenting “Using Simulations and Computational Models to Teach Scientific Practices” in Midway Suites 9
- Also on Friday, from 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM Paul will be presenting “Everything is Regulated: How to Use The Serengeti Rules, Storytelling, and a New Curriculum Supplement to Enhance Your Biology Curriculum” in Midway Suites 3 with Sean B. Carroll
- On Saturday from 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM Paul and Ryan will present “Teaching a High School Research Course” in Midway Suites 7
You can support the Life of the School Podcast by becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/LOTS