Caitlin Ullock teaches AP Biology Teacher and a science instructional leader at Pittsford-Mendon High School in Rochester, NY. Caitlin is an active leader in both the state of New York and Nationally. Caitilin was the 2016-2017 Science Teachers Association of NY State (STANYS) Central Western Section Area Representative for Biology. She has also been part of the State of the New York Master Teacher Program. Nationally, Caitlin a member of the NABT/BSCS AP Biology Leadership Academy and has presented at the NSTA National Conference. Caitlin recently published in the NSTA journal “The Science Teacher.” You can follow Caitlin’s occasional posting on twitter at @cullock.
- We are back in school, Do you have a back to school nightmare?
- Kids want to grow up and become YouTubers now… but we know lots of biology teachers who want to grow up and be Paul Andersen
- Good news, our friends in Florida did make it through Irma OK (though some will have to make up a lot days of school at the end of the year).
- Caitlins work in the NABT/BSCS AP Biology Leadership Academy led her to be a facilitator NABT/BSCS AP Biology Teacher Academy in Florida
- One great resource Aaron picked up this summer was the BSCS Explanation Tool
- Aaron is planning to go to NABT in St. Louis!
- Caitlin coauthored “The Case of Dinosaur Metabolism: Using evidence-based reasoning in biology” in The Science Teacher.
- Aaron once published in The Science Teacher (the address and email are not accurate!)
- Paul Strode is Awesome… but everyone already knows this.
- This is what Aaron’s Homework Options looks like
- Aaron surveyed his honors students using post-its on day one, inspired by Lee Ferguson
- Caitlin taught about failure on day 1
- Caitlin has moved to standards based grading.
- Aaron’s a big fan of the Worcester Food Bank
Picks of the Week:
Caitlin – Feeding South Florida
Aaron – Houston Food Bank