On most episodes of Life of the School I like to sit down with a fellow life science teacher and find out how they became a teacher, what they are currently working on and their hopes for the future. But for this episode, I am in Florida at the NABT/BSCS AP Biology Teacher Academy which gives me a great chance to catch up with 2 past guests on the podcast who are facilitating the Teacher Academy as well as a guest who will be interviewed during the 2017-2018 school year. Returning to the podcast are Robin Bulleri from Episode 10, and Chi Klein from Episode 14. Our member of the panel who will be on a future episode is Valerie May. The other facilitators in the room for the recording were Caitlin Ullock, Lesley Kirkley, and Phyllis Robinson
- The Facilitators were all part of the BSCS AP Biology Leadership Academy
- What is an APSI?
- The BSCS Leadership Academy was inspired by the recent change to the AP Biology Curriculum
- The AP Biology FRQs are much broader in the new system and nearly impossible to predict
- One focus of this week has been about true Formative Assessments
- What is a Conceptual Curriculum Storyline?
- Kids crushed it this year with AP Biology Bee & Caffeine Memes
- The Facilitators have been impressed with the teachers approach as lifelong learners and their embracing Reflective Practice
- What are Learning Targets
- Do you know the difference between concepts and facts?
- Teachers can build community through Twitter