Later this month is the NSTA 2017 National Convention in Los Angeles California. With this on the horizon I decided to change format up a bit and decided to ask so fellow veteran teachers about attending and presenting at conference. Lee Ferguson is the lead AP/IB Biology Teacher at Allen High School in Allen Texas. Paul Strode is a biology teacher at Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado.
- Lee was on Life of the School Episode 15
- Paul was on Life of the School Episode 13
- Both Paul and Lee have worked for HHMI BioInteractive
- Here is a summary of Lee and Ryan’s Modeling Presentation
- If you go to an APSI at TCU you might at the next Lee Ferguson or Ryan Reardon
- Lee will present for College Board this summer in Colorado.
- Past NABT Conferences have been great networking opportunities.
- You can look back at past NSTA Conference Catalogues
- Online Catalogue (though Lee likes the paper catalogue)
- If you search Strode in the catalogue, this is what you find.
- If you search Reardon in the catalogue, this is what you find.
- If you search Kuhn in the catalogue, this is what you find.
- Paul needs more evidence for the claim that Big Foot is real.
- You can put in Proposals for CAST 2017 now.
- Bring a big suitcase to NSTA
- Lee will present lessons for using HHMI Sickle Cell resources
- Aaron has been using HHMI Click & Learns and Interactive Videos a lot over the last few years.
- Lee is planning on using the The Great Elephant Census Modeling Activity
- We all use Rock Pocket Mice… we just can’t remember which classed we showed it to.
- Sean B. Carroll writes amazing books
Go see our guests:
- Lee is presenting at the HHMI booth presentations (Booth 1125 in the Exhibitors Section)
- Paul is presenting “Hypothesis Generation in the Science Classroom” on Thursday, March 30 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM in the Los Angeles Convention Center, Kentia Hall Q
- Robin is presenting “Using BioInteractive Resources to Bring Math into the Biology Lesson” Thursday, March 30 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM in Los Angeles Convention Center, 403B