Robin is a Biology teacher at Carrboro High School, Carrboro, NC. Throughout her career, Robin has taught a variety of science courses including AP Biology, Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Earth Science, Physical Science, and Environmental Science. In addition to teaching, Robin has been an advisor to an NABT BioClub and has also coached soccer. Robin has been heavily engaged in professional development for science teachers including achieving National Board Certification, presenting at state and national conferences, such as NCSTA, NSTA, and NABT. She is a Teacher Ambassador for HHMI BioInteractive, developed a TedED Lesson about Henrietta Lacks, and lead workshops on teaching evolution as a Kenan Fellow. She is also involved in the AP Biology Leadership Academy, where she writes professional development curriculum, and will lead a summer workshop on content and leadership for biology teachers in the Southeast. Robin earned both a Master of Education in Policy, Planning, and Administration, and a Bachelor of Science in Science Education, from Boston University.
- Robin studied at Boston University
- She also worked at the Boston Museum of Science
- Robin’s Enzyme Buffer Lab
- Kim Foglia Enzyme Lab
- Aaron’s Liver Catalase Lab Write-Up with this year’s messy data from one class
- Yeast Spheres Lab with AP
- Robin uses TedED in her class quite a bit
- She also reads “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” with her AP classes.
- Robin collaborated with TedEd to produce this lesson on TedED.
- Robin has also developed lessons for HHMI
- It was Robin’s work as a Kenan Fellow that had her connect with HHMI.
- HHMI papers in Aaron’s notebook included rock pocket mouse activity, rock pocket mouse interactive video, and lactase interactive video.
- Aaron did not go to NABT conference this year, but I will go to NSTA conference in the spring.
- You should all watch Stranger Things and remember what it was like when there was no internet.
- Robin is active on twitter (https://twitter.com/bulleribio) and stays connected with the PLC that she built through being part of the AP Biology Leadership Academy.
- Join your state science associations and the national associations if you haven’t already.
- Robin and I both love soccer, we don’t root for the same side, but we agree on who we hate
- If you haven’t read “Lab Girl” yet, you should.
Pick of the Week: (Share a resource or news story that has grabbed your attention recently)