Life of the School Episode 20: Orla Berry
Orla is a Science Teacher & Content Specialist at Medfield High School in Medfield Massachusetts. Over her more than 2 decades as a teacher, Orla has taught AP Biology as well as all levels of first year biology, first year chemistry as well as Anatomy and Physiology. She has also been advisor to her school’s Science Olympiad team. Outside of the classroom Orla has served as an integral part of the Massachusetts Association of Biology Teachers, currently serving as the organization’s secretary. Orla earned her B.S. – National University of Ireland Galway M.Ed – UMass Boston
– If you attend a BioBuilder Workshops you may meet people like Orla or Aaron
– How to use Twitter as a Biology Teacher
– We agree kids need to be doing science (Teach science as a process)
– Point of the Redesign of AP Biology
– What is Engineering?
– Being uncomfortable helps you learn, even if it is uncomfortable.
– What is SEI Endorsement?
– Massachusetts teachers (and people in general) are sometimes stuck in their ways.
– Being a Life Long Learner is fun
– NGSS Performance Expectations are a new way to communicate learning objectives
– The end of lecture is coming… are you ready?
Pick of the Week: